The registration deadline to vote in the 2023 General Election is 21 days before Election Day,
To register to vote in New Jersey you must be:
- a United States Citizen
- at least 18 years old by the next election (you can register if you are 17, but will turn 18 before Election Day)
- a resident of your home county for 30 days before the election
How do I register to vote?
- You can download a Voter Registration Form or pick one up in person at the Essex County Clerk's Office (465 Martin Luther King Blvd. Room 247 Newark, NJ 07102), or at your local Motor Vehicle Agency Office.
- Send your completed application to: Essex County Commissioner of Registration, Hall of Records, 465 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, RM 417A, Newark, NJ 07102-9852.
- You may also deliver your completed Voter Registration Application in person to the Commissioner of Registration's Office.